Tips on Applying K1 Visa : Administrative Review

The US embassy sets application procedure for K1 visa applicants and it can be accessed in their website. Although K1 visa applicants have specifics procedures to follow but each applicant have unique experiences. Being aware of each procedure increases that chances of visa approval. There are applicants that complied all the requirements and were given the visa right after the interview. But there were also K1 visa applicant that were under Administrative Review , they call it AR. If you were given a pink slip and a white slip after the interview, it means that you are under AR . It can be seen in the white form the reason/s for your AR and the procedures on how to comply the required additional documents for administrative review. The length of time for AR varies from case to case.

Here are some reasons for AR:

1. If you pay delbros from 3 weeks before your interview or if you pay the delbros on the interview date. You MUST pay delbros at least month the interview to avoid delay.At that time the USEM can verify your Birth Certificate and Cenomar (Certificate of no marriage) at the National Statistics Office before your Interview. Procedures on how to pay delbros are also in the US embassy website.

2. Needs Additional supporting documents. Examples are photos together, proof of engagement, trips together proof relationship and more.

3. If your fiance/e income/saving is low and needs co-sponsor. Refer to the Affidavit of Support

4. If you stayed/work/ studied abroad for 6 months or more, you need a Police Certificate from that country and take note that Police Certificate takes 2-3 months waiting. So apply PC to the nearest consulate/embassy if this applies to you. Don't forget to bring your passport/s and you will be assisted for the procedures in getting the police certificate.

That's all for now. Additional Info about on K1 visa under administrative review is appreciate.


******************************************

Same article I posted in my K1 visa site and received the following comments:

1. hello.I am also petitioned for a K-1 visa and this early I would like to acquire a police clearance from japan but when I called the japanese embassy they told me that in order to process my police clearance I needed a request letter from the USEM.Do you guys know how can I get such a request letter eventhough our application for K-1 hasn’t been approve yet?I appreciate it if you can give me some suggestions.Thanks - dennis

hi there!in my case, i did NOT bring any documents from US embassy, I just went to the nearest consulate office in my location, since i am not from manila. At the japanese consulate office, i told the security guard that i will request for police certificate and i was allowed to come inside and talk to the staff, right then she handed me the procedures / requirements, like passports old/new and this a form there that you need to fill in and need to do the finger mark ( sorry i forget the term) like in NBI, all your fingers. and then told me that it takes 2 -3 months before i can have bcos they will mail our request to japan and and whatever the result from japan they will call us to pick it up or if in 2 months you did not hear from them ,you need to call them….. you know i requested police certifcate from japan twice bcos the first one was misplaced, but they still give me a chance but it cause the delay of my visa almost 2 weeks after my interview, i got my visa delayed due to my P.certificate. if i were you , i will go to the embassy, do not call, and you will be intertained by the
right person.

2. hello!! my name is stacey and i am a K1 visa applicant and i had
my interview last october15,2008..i was given a pink slip and a white slip…the
consulate is asking me to submit an IRS generated tax transcript of my fiance
since we were only submitting to them his w-2 forms…i paid delbros last sept 24
so that would make it 2 weeks before my interview date…we submitted the tax
transcript on november 3 and is now waiting for a call from the embassy…it has
been 3 weeks since we submitted it and still we haven’t heard from them…do you
have any idea how long it will take for them to review my case…i am so anxious
to be with my fiance already… he is from kauai, hawaii too… i want to be there
on his birthday and that’s on dec 8..will i ever make it? what do you think? i
cry every night before going to bed thinking how long exactly til i get my
visa…this whole thing is making me crazy…please give me some info on the
standard timeline of a visa application on AR…i would really appreciate it…thank
you in advance…by the way i like the amazing kauai category… good job!!! i wanna get there soon and be with my fiance…please pray for me….take care and hope to hear from you soon…

Aloha Candel!I am glad that yo uare going to kauai too! i told my husband and he’s happy too…. we are in Lihue, wish to meet you guys someday! Regarding AR, it your case will be reviewed again, depending on the volume of applicants on AR when you submitted the required docs. Some in a month, but the best thing to do is to contact delbros, since all approved visa will be given to them for delivery. When I was on AR, while I was in manila, went to USEM but failed to come inside but interviewed by their staff outside, i ask them ask to how long i will wait, they told me the it might be 2 weeks or a month. So i went back to davao, after 2 days delbors text me. I also keep contacting delbros about my case status. be patient you will be here sooooooooon you may also like to visit my alohagems website and look for the level K1 Visa Trail, those are my trail is k1 up to the Adjustment of status or for the green card and SSN, and EAD

hello!!! mahalo so much for replying!!!..it would be fun to meet you guys someday too…i’ll tell my fiance about it..he’s from lihue as well…uhmmm, how am i gonna be able to contact delbros?? do you have their contact number?? i only have their mobile number but they don’t accept incoming calls…they only reply to messages that are sent after paying the document verification fee…and how long exactly did you get your visa after the day you were given the pink and white slip?? i keep calling the USembassy call center but they keep telling me to wait for a call from them within a month after we submitted the documents..do they really call?? or is it possible that they will just send me my visa without getting a call from them?? i go crazy everytime my phone would ring and i get really sad knowing that it’s not from them..i know it sounds pathetic…tsk..tsk..anyway, may i know your first name so that the next time i will write to you i can address you by it??thank you so much for all the information..and i hope to hear from you again!! aloha and malama to you and your husband!!!

5 Responses
  1. patricia Says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.

  2. patricia Says:

    This procedure is same for all other applicants applying for visa.

    Good post!
    visa australia


  3. Unknown Says:

    Are you starting a Fiance Visa? The reality Show 90 Day Fiance is holding casting calls for men and women who are about to start the 90 day fiance process. Please go to http://www.90dayfiance.com/90-day-fiance-casting-call.html As seen on TLC. This is you opportunity to be on one of the most popular new reality shows entering it second season.


  4. Ayan Says:

    Great post about the K1 visa process and administrative review!


  5. Ayan Says:

    If you want more information on why your K1 visa case was put into administrative processing: https://bit.ly/2WJcxxo